God speaks to souls in many ways. Sometimes He uses spectacular means as in His call of Abraham and Moses. More often, however, Jesus calls a soul to His special service by ordinary means, for example a religious ceremony, a book, a word of a friend or family member. Such calls awaken a desire in the soul to serve God in a religious vocation. This vocation is a gift from God, an invitation to follow Jesus more closely.
As you discern your vocation be open to the inspirations of the Holy Spirit and pray for guidance. We pray for you daily that you may know God’s Will and have the courage to respond to His invitation.
- Pray before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
- Pray the rosary with the intention of seeking God’s will
- Talk to a priest who can help guide you
- Visit this link to the Vocation Match
- Visit this link to For Your Vocation
- Visit this link to the Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious
Grade School Visits with the Sisters! ~Share-A-Day Schedule
- Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, Grades 6-8
- Saturday, March 8, 3014: Grades 4 and 5
- Saturday, May 17, 2014: Grades 2 and 3
- Registration Forms
Weekends of Discernment for College Women ages 18 and older can be arranged according to your schedule. These retreats allow you to experience who we are and to meditate on what God’s will is for you. Come to pray, celebrate community and work. Bring a friend along with you too for companionship on your journey of discernment. Below are two scheduled retreats to help you discern your vocation. Click on the images below for more information. The Welcome Letter has a FAQ to help you prepare. Please contact Sister Mary Grace for further information regarding these retreats.
Sister Mary Jacinta or Sister Mary DePaul – They will be happy to answer your questions about the Share-A-Days and retreats.Holy Family Motherhouse 54 West Main Street Baltic, CT 06330-0691 Phone: (860) 822-8241